Second opinion on benign tumors and cancers
The head and neck region is one of the most essential, and complex areas of the human body.
It represents the main corridor between the brain and the body, and is defined by the area between the skull base and the top of the chest. Due to its confined space, it represents the densest area of vital structures in the human body. The head and neck region not only provides a transport corridor for functional input to the human body, but itself harbors an array of functional organs responsible for essentials like breathing, swallowing, speech, chewing, hearing, eyesight, balance, contact, exchange of emotions, hormone production and many others. This makes treatment of head and neck disease complicated, as it is often constrained by the delicate trade-off between eradication of disease and preservation of these functional aspects essential for quality of life.
When cancer arises in the head and neck region, the need for optimization of this delicate trade-off is magnified. In order to navigate this “mine field” successfully, and reach the optimal solution, several factors are essential. These include involvement of an experienced medical team, availability of modern technical and medical facilities, a patient-doctor relationship characterized by empathy, honesty, transparency, and patient autonomy, and a peaceful environment in order to successfully compare the risk/benefit ratio of each treatment option within the context of not only the strengths of scientific knowledge but also the limitations.
Andorra combines the advantages of a world class healthcare system (Lancet 2017), and internationally renowned head and neck specialists, with a tranquil, physically secure, and health promoting, environment and easy accessibility (near 8 international airports). Patients are invited for a(n) (second) opinion on benign tumors, cancers, or other complex problems of the head and neck, and maxillofacial region.
Who is this for?
Patients with benign tumors, cancers or other complex problems within the head and neck, ENT or maxillofacial region.
What specific types of problems can be evaluated?
- Thyroid cancer
- Parathyroid tumors
- Parotid and other salivary gland tumors
- Tongue and mouth cancer
- Cancer of throat and voicebox
- Skin lesions and cancers
- Nose and sinus cancer
- Skull base tumors
- Parapharyngeal, nerve and blood vessel tumors
- Airway damage, scarring and narrowing
- (Chronic) infections and inflammations of the head and neck, ENT and maxillofacial regions
- Esthetic, plastic and reconstructive surgical problems of the head and neck region
- Chronic pain and nerve damage in the head and neck region
- Problems with snoring and (nasal) breathing issues
Who will be my main doctor?
Your main doctor will be Dr. Volkert B. Wreesmann MD PhD.
For more information, visit this website.
Advantages of Andorra Health Destination
- A tranquil, natural and health-promoting environment
- Evaluation and treatment by expert head and neck physicians with years of experience in world class institutions including Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, Weil-Cornell Medical Center, and Oxford University Hospitals.
- A United States and United Kingdom level (second) opinion for a European price.
- A pragmatic approach which is patient-centered and aims to optimize patient autonomy, transparency, honesty, and empathy.
- A balanced assessment of risks and benefits of treatment in the context of both the strengths but also the limitations of scientific knowledge.
- Multidisciplinary approach where necessary.
- Solution tailored to the individual patient.
- Low threshold options for advice regarding referral and access to world class colleagues in your home country or abroad.
Does not include
Price of the treatment