- Between 1 and 4 days
- Pre-consultation online
- 2 years of stem cell banking
Treatment of osteoarthritis with adult stem cells
Description of treatment
Osteoarthritis affects 7 out of 10 people over the age of 50. Combating pain with a biological therapy based on the patient’s own stem cells is the aim of the Celstem treatment, the treatment for osteoarthritis with adult stem cells that we apply in Andorra. Thanks to stem cells, we will be able to reduce pain, delay more invasive therapies (prostheses), and recover the patient’s quality of life.
CELSTEM, the treatment for osteoarthritis with adult stem cells from Celular Clínic in Andorra, is recommended for anyone between 20 and 75 years of age who suffers from osteoarthritis in their knees, hips, shoulders, or ankle and who wants to avoid/delay a prosthesis and improve their quality of life.
It is indicated primarily for the treatment of pain in osteoarthritis of the knee, hip, shoulder, or ankle.
The patient’s stem cells are obtained from a small liposuction of the patient’s abdominal fat. Once obtained, they are purified and concentrated so they can be infiltrated in an eco-guided manner in the area of the injury. Mesenchymal cells can reduce inflammation and create new tissue, acting in the area where cartilage has been lost due to wear and tear.
- Online consultation prior to the trip to Andorra
- Transfers Hotel – Cellular Clinic
- First Consultation at Celular Clinic (Physical examination / Provision of information / Assessment questionnaire / Diagnosis / Request for complementary tests)
- Pre-operative tests*
- Admission to Celular Clínic (Analysis of results / Signing of informed consent / Extraction in the operating theatre with sedation).
- Laboratory sample processing
- Treatment infiltration
- Discharge consultation (Ultrasound / rehabilitation guidelines)
- Telematic/face-to-face follow-up consultations for 1 year.
- Transport to Andorra
- Accommodation in Andorra
- Complementary health and wellness activities (massages, treatments, etc.).
- Leisure activities, to enjoy the surroundings.
*Pre-operative tests can be brought by the patient and are discounted from the price of the treatment, thus reducing the days of stay in Andorra.
*The cost of treatment for one dose.
Our patient’s opinions